Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Part Of A Whole

Be a part of the collaborative printmaking project "A Part Of A Whole." My name is Ashley Ruff and I am a senior in the studio art department at Columbia College. I've been exploring the theme of collaboration by creating collagraph tiles to be printed together as a texture quilt.

I think it would be a neat idea to have different people, whether they are print makers or not, create their own collagraph tile on 3 by 3 inch mat board. The tiles would then be sent to me by a certain deadline this fall, I would put them all together, ink them intaglio style, print, and display the final product.

If you are interested in being a part of this project please contact me by leaving a comment on my blog, twittering me (ArtsyAshley), or emailing me on facebook or Google plus (Ashley Ruff). These are the guidelines.

** If you would like to be a part of this project but are hesitating because you are not "artsy" or do not know what a collagraph is, stop hesitating. For instructions on how to make a tile go here

No comments:

Post a Comment